Friday, December 10, 2010

Wrapping Paper Painted by Toddler

First, decide that an unnecessary Christmas craft with your toddler is indeed necessary because, well, we are starting traditions here.

Then, put on Justin Timberlake's Justified album. You might think you would want a favorite Christmas album here, but you would be wrong.

Next, prep:
I used those little fisher-price shape blocks as patterns for cutting out my sponges. Some very washable kid's paint- check. And for the paper, I used some blank newsprint sheets. Someone gave me a TON of it a while ago and it is handy for many things. You could also use butcher paper, recycled paper bags, also those rolls of banner paper from the craft store would be good.

Next, go to town. Go there with jingle bells on. But no pants. (He did get the stamping thing, but I admittedly did a bunch of the stamps too. Duh, he's one.5. He really liked pressing the sponge down after I put it on the paper, using his big muscle grunts and everything.)


 Aftermath.


Out to dry.


Clean up.


Don't forget the lips, if said toddler maybe tried to eat a little paint.


Clean up on the kitchen floor wasn't bad either, I just had to spot clean with a clorox wipe. Of course, if you have a kid who actually enjoys the feel of paint on their hands, it might require a full mopping. We lost interest after just 3 sheets, but hopefully that's enough for the grandparents' gifts. Really, who will love this more than them anyway?







2 comments:

  1. Haha, it looks like you both had fun! And he is so cute, Jessica. I love the little curls in front of his ears. Can't wait to "meet" this next babe of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, this Nan can't wait for the gift wrapped in this very special made with love paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.